Friday, March 17, 2006

In case of breed 'em and weep emergency...



Welcome to my nuclear fallout shelter! Relax. I've got enough water and freeze-dried chili and astronaut ice cream for everybody.

If you're reading this, you know that I breed and weep over at the real breed 'em and weep, but in case of technical blog meltdown (like the one that decimated b'eaw for four weeks in December '05), I can set up shop over here temporarily.

Right now, we are in the fallout shelter because MY SPAMBOT IS SPEWING EVIL CODE, AND MY ANCIENT VERSION OF WORDPRESS IS NOT HELPING MATTERS. Bad stuff, my peeps.

The spambot is like Hal from 2001: Space Odyssey, not that you young'uns remember that flick. As many of you have noticed, my spambot is POSSESSED BY DEMONS and is gobbling your comments like Aunt Sue when she gets too close to the all-you-can-eat pierogi buffet at the Polish Eagle Hall.

And yes, I've thought of exorcising the sucker. But when I try to deactivate the spambot, IT WON'T LET ME. It says, NO, I'M STAYING AND YOU ARE SCREWED.

I am not a technical gal. This is the kind of thing my husband used to handle. But I don't have a husband anymore, which is a bummer in many ways, to say the least. One really crummy deal is now I'm supposed to figure this stuff out, all feministically and brilliantly and empoweringly. That hasn't happened yet, because I still have food dyslexia and can barely prepare meals for my gristly birdlike children.

I know from your emails that I am missing out on all sorts of great comments and wisdom. And I miss you! So if you don't want me getting all Sylvia Plath on your sweet tushees, then come on over here for a while as I sort things out, and be free and frisky with the comment love. Will you? Will you? You can put your feet up on any undisclosed object in this undisclosed location. I don't care.

As I wrote in 2005:

Think of this spot as breed 'em and weep lite on the rocks with a tangy twist of crisis. Hopefully we won't have to meet up over here, but if we ever do, stay calm and do not steal each other's shoes.

29 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Woohoo! Party!

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Jane said...

Yay! Spambot was eating my comments. So glad you will continue writing here. As other posters said on your last post, I will read whatever you write! I love the pictures, too; I had missed those on your other site.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous nono said...

This is SO exciting! Very clandestine.

Consider the adjustment made until you give us further notice.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Ha ha! We are here, we are here, we are HERE!!!
Yes, my comments were eaten, and they were indeed witty and pithy and profound (ok, not really) but the gist was, I love you, I love your writing, and wherever you go, take me with you. So thanks for the invite into the fallout shelter!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Meghann said...

I'm here too, and I have canned goods!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Simon said...

I don't do lite beer, but I'll do BeaW Lite. You know how Bud is now serving a new citrus-y lime (lite) beer that's taken the beer drinking world by storm? Yeah, you know why? Because they tapped into the female half of the beer drinking demographic! Can you imagine an entirely untapped portion of the alcohol-consuming populace suddenly being faced with an irresistible deliciousness? Scary prospect.

I suspect BeaW Lite will be fully as delicious and intoxicating.

Stupid Hal.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Whimsy said...

I like it over here, very cozy. You've really fixed up the place! I like the pictures on the walls. Most fallout shelters overlook those kinds of fine details, Jen. You're awesome.

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shadow Lurker to Covert Jen: I'm here too! Much stuff going on, hence minimal commenting. Reading continues religiously. Love Everything. Over.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous anonymom said...

So happy to see the Hattie baby picture again. Just like old times!

I'll follow you here, I'll follow you there, where ever there may be.

Has anyone mentioned you ROCK a "crisis?"

7:34 AM  
Anonymous Penelopeinparis said...

Oh my goodness! One other blogger I read regularly was recently attacked by zombie lawyers, and now the lovely and talented Jen is under siege from the possessed spambot! Is it a full moon or what?

In any case, I agree with anonymom that you can WORK a crisis, girl!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you have emergency accommodations!

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why it's all cozy over here, and there's even pictures! I like it.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Keryn said...

Present!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Swistle said...

I brought Dinty Moore canned beef stew! And MARSHMALLOWS!

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

I'll bring the wine and some dessert.

10:22 AM  
Blogger BadKitty said...

You keep writing, I'll keep reading no matter where you are.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Heather said...

Actually, I kind of like feeling like one of the cool kids who found the "secret" rave...

One of my favorite things about reading your blog, Jenn, is that I always, ALWAYS want to find out what happens next. You do not disappoint.

xo!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

oh my god, are you guys making banana splits in the picture? that is my dream home.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Reggiemonster said...

I feel very covert- I'm not good at covert. I would never make it as a spy. So this is delicious and secrative like making a tent with kitchen chairs and the beadspread and sitting under it all afternoon with comic books and flashlights and cookies. Thanks for giving me the secret password.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Deanna said...

Wow! This is almost like a snow day! Can we make cheese toast and hot chocolate? Pretty please!

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Julie said...

Thanks for letting us know. Would bring cider and doughnuts if I could! I do love your writing - and the prospect of no BEAW was pretty grim. Your posts make me laugh, cry, and THINK and I am grateful.

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liking this! like the pics!

9:14 PM  
Anonymous All Adither said...

I'll read aloud from The Book Thief while everyone eats stew.

1:20 AM  
Blogger Patois42 said...

I didn't see it. We DO have a can opener, right?

9:47 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

OK, so I don't know a Wordpress from a sandwich press. And Spambot just sounds like another bad non-vegetarian food item, but I can suggest that you don't do what I always wanna do when I have computer issues......don't smash it with a sledgehammer. It's costly and a flying piece could put your eye out. xoxoxo

10:13 AM  
Anonymous roo said...

Down with evil spambots!
Up with breeding and weeping!

Well, maybe just
Up with carousing in the fallout shelter!

I brought cupcakes . ..

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spat on the chocolate astronaut icecream, so NO ONE ELSE even THINK about eating it, OK? You can fight over the vanilla.

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Becket Kate said...

Woo! Fallout Dogpile!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Earthmamagoddess said...

hi honey! i am with everyone else, as long as you take me with you, i am good with the different formats. or the same. b/c you are like a drug baby, and i am addicted

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home